The procurement process is a critical phase in terms of timing if the maximum FiT return is to be achieved.
We recommend using a restricted process with a framework agreement to allow a number of suppliers to be available on a call-down basis.
OJEU restricted process
If the EU's OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) process is required, the steps include:
1. Notice dispatched to OJEC for publication
2. Notice published in OJEC
3. Potential suppliers register an interest
4. Undertake supplier qualification appraisal
5. Invite tenders from qualified suppliers
6. Potential suppliers submit tenders
7. Tenders opened
8. Tenders evaluated
9. Contract awarded
10. Dispatch Contract Award notice to OJEC for publication.
Alternatively, if you already have contracts in place with companies supplying related trades, such as electrical installations, it may be possible to award a micro-CHP contract to one of them via existing agreements.